• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 gazootattoo

gazootattoo

Tower Simstress

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 02:55 PM

Post your problems here! I'll try to help you out. I don't know if I will know what to do right off hand, but I will try my best to find you the answer.

#2 Roxy

Roxy

Connoisseur of Secret Passageways

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:03 PM

I'm having problems getting some items to my game. Do I have to zip them?

#3 gazootattoo

gazootattoo

Tower Simstress

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:26 PM

Yes, you have to unzip all your files and put them in the UserObjects file. If there is anything else, just ask.

~Gazoo

Edited by gazootattoo, 16 November 2003 - 08:41 PM.

#4 White_Lighter

White_Lighter

Wandering the Forbidden Forest

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:48 AM

The skins arent loading themselves into the game. They are in the skins folder and are unzipped. Do they belong in the downloads?
~Love the additions by the way  :D ~

#5 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:59 AM

Which skins would they be? :)

"Don't you have a conscience? If Jiminy Cricket was here, he'd be puking in his hat."
-Balki Bartokomous

#6 White_Lighter

White_Lighter

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 12:17 PM

Professor Trelawney, the boy and girl Gryffindor Robes, and all student heads (including new Draco). Also, the castle isnt entering into the game as well...any ideas?

#7 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 02:36 PM

Skins: Have you uploaded the ENTIRE contents of the zip file?  This includes meshes, bmps, etc.  Also, Trelawny and the girl student robes are for skinny bodies-- did you search through the skinny skins? Other than that, I see no reason why they shouldn't show up.

Castle:  The house needs to be uploaded to sims/userdata/houses folder. Each userdata folder you have stands for each neighborhood. userdata folder is neighborhood one, userdata2 is neighborhood 2, etc. You will have to make sure that you upload it to the correct userdata folder.

"Don't you have a conscience? If Jiminy Cricket was here, he'd be puking in his hat."
-Balki Bartokomous

#8 White_Lighter

White_Lighter

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:20 AM

The castle is in the userdata2 houses folder and is unzipped...but is not there...could it be because all of the objects have not been downloaded yet?

#9 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 03:20 PM

All I can say is, double check everything.  You will be asked to override the house file, make sure that you chose yes.  Other than that, I just don't know.  Sorry. :(

-Balki Bartokomous

#10 sawcat

sawcat

Keeper of the Portkeys

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:18 PM

I too have a problem with the Professor Trelawney skin. I exported everything  into the skins folder, but only the head shows up.  Went back and double checked the zip folder- added bmps to texture as suggested in readme and reload all to skins again, and still her body doesn't show.  I used a gypsy one instead, but if someone can figure it out, I'd like to know how to fix it.

#11 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

Hmm... I will double check Trelawney in my game.  Like I said before, the body is a skinny mesh, so you won't be able to just change her into that outfit-- it would need to be done in build a sim mode.

-Balki Bartokomous

#12 Thrennish

Thrennish

Authorized Access to Butterbeer Cellar

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:31 PM

I'm not sure if this thread is only for site-download related issues or what, but I'm posting this anyhow, on the off chance...

I'm having some issues with Makin' Magic, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. Problem? None of my sims can do magic. This was the problem last time, too- I ended up trying to reinstall, and then losing my disks... it was ugly.

At any rate- they can get the wands, mix the ingredients, charge their wands- but they can't cast any spells. I *think* they can still make charms, though. I think it might have something to do with the hacked objects I got- namely the wand charger and the spellbook from Cheap Frills. They worked okay at first, but then they didn't and now even *not* cheating doesn't work. I've taken out all the MM hacked objects I have, and still no spells. Anyone had this happen/have any ideas? I'm all out and it's really ticking me off. What's the point of MM if you can't turn your neighbour into a toad? Feh.

Edit: Problem solved! Turns out it was the marriage/move-in hack from Simslice that was messing with the interactions. Removed the files and voila! Everything back to normal. Yay!
«Ce qui ne me tue pas me rend plus fort.» ~Nietzsche

#13 sawcat

sawcat

Keeper of the Portkeys

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:54 AM

Thrennish, I have the spellbook from  Cheap Frills and have not had any problems with it, so I don't think that's it.  I've not had a problem like this.

The most I have is I do a spell or charm (can't remember which) and it back fires and there are a bunch of snakes, and all the sims cats and dogs majorly freak out and don't do anything else. But that is in the game.

I found the best way to test things is by locking sims in a room.

You might try in the Sims BBS to see if there is a problem.  Or double check with who ever made the wand charger.  They might have heard if others have had problems.

#14 Lady_Hufflepuff

Lady_Hufflepuff

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Harry Potter of course!<br>Photography, Filming, Writing, Tamora Pierce, Tessa Dudder(has anyone heard of the book &quot;Alex&quot;? Also Known As: Alex: The Making of a Champion), and have recently dived into the Dukes of Hazzard... the ORIGINAL not that new movie...

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:59 PM

Oh-kily Doh-Kily, I just got MM and am having HEAPS of fun with it. The only thing is that I don't know how to get ingrediants for Kids. How do I? I know how to get things for adults. But not Kids. Also, how do you get the Dragon egg???
"Brat." ~ Ross Gravett (My Dad) (It's what he called me.)

#15 Icybeach

Icybeach

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Harry Potter - At the moment I'm obsessed with Severus Snape, so, please bear with me... <br>My &quot;Frozen in Time&quot; fiction, which I'm still improving and adjusting a little here and there, but which has finally begun to find its way to the net...(I've been sorted as a Perfectionist by the professional DISC test (for those who know it: I was a very high C and a high S. See the Perfectionist I am? I can't even write my interests without going into details! Percy and I would get along perfectly :D).<br>The Hidden Tower forum, which I check every 5 minutes for new posts.<br>Oh, yeah, and then there's Taekwondo and bellydancing.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:58 PM

I couldn't figure that out myself - but there are hints in the stuff you need and the stuff that came with MM.  For example:  You need "Toad stools" - if you look under "Seating", you'll find this big mushroom chair.  Make someone sit on it (may need to sit on it many times).

You buy the dragon egg from the Vampire in Magic Town.  You need magic coins for that.  Be careful to attend to the egg (at least 14 times), because if you don't, you'll get a bad dragon ;)

All of the children's ingredients can be found (don't need to be bought if you have a dragon).  Make the child play with the new MM toybox ;)

Icy

#16 sawcat

sawcat

Keeper of the Portkeys

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:28 AM

toadstools, dragon, and the  magic toy box.  Or you can get a nice cheat thing and  just say give me all ingredients.  I got the magic book from cheap frills. get all the spells and all ingredients so only have to work for charms.  lol..can't tell you the last time I didn't cheat in this game.  :P

#17 Thrennish

Thrennish

Authorized Access to Butterbeer Cellar

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:41 AM

You can also have your adults go to Magic Town and buy the ingredients (dragon tears/scales, toadstools), then put them in the Magic Bookcase (which you can download from the official site). Kids will be able to take them out of the bookcase and use them. Faerie Dust is not the same as Pixie Dust, btw, and can only be had through playing with the pink toy box.  Toadstools will grow on your lot, but very infrequently and if you have a dragon he'll eat them. Dragons are a royal pain in the butt and I never get them.

Or you can download buyable ingredients this site, under Objects/buyables/kid spell. You can get other things there as well (dragon egg, magic crystals, etc).
«Ce qui ne me tue pas me rend plus fort.» ~Nietzsche

#18 Lady_Hufflepuff

Lady_Hufflepuff

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Harry Potter of course!<br>Photography, Filming, Writing, Tamora Pierce, Tessa Dudder(has anyone heard of the book &quot;Alex&quot;? Also Known As: Alex: The Making of a Champion), and have recently dived into the Dukes of Hazzard... the ORIGINAL not that new movie...

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:41 AM

Thank you Guys! This is going to make things HEAPS easier. Now I know how to get the kids ingrediants.
"Brat." ~ Ross Gravett (My Dad) (It's what he called me.)

#19 sawcat

sawcat

Keeper of the Portkeys

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:26 PM

Casca, on Apr 1 2004, 06:39 PM, said:

Hmm... I will double check Trelawney in my game.  Like I said before, the body is a skinny mesh, so you won't be able to just change her into that outfit-- it would need to be done in build a sim mode.
Casca, now that I know a little more about the naming of skins, I had a little look at the Trelawney skin.  The mesh for the body is b326fafit but you have it as b326FAsknlgt.  When I put it in Simpose it would not show the body texture, but when I renamed it to b326FAfitlgt... It showed up in Simpose.  Now you said it is supposed to be a skinny body,  is there a skinny mesh? :unsure: Maybe the wrong mesh was added? :unsure:   when you get time, do you remember?

#20 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

I've changed the name to fit the FIT mesh.  I'm sorry everyone... it should work now. :)

You can redownload it or just change the name of the BMP file:

What it IS: b326FAsknlgt
CHANGE TO: b326FAfitlgt

Make sure you are changing the BMP file, not any of the meshes!

-Balki Bartokomous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users