• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

Place reviews here for "London", Blacktag189's debut at the Tower with her Twilight/Harry Potter crossover!

"Don't you have a conscience? If Jiminy Cricket was here, he'd be puking in his hat."
-Balki Bartokomous

#2 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

Ahh, where do I start? First off, I am very impressed with the premise of this fanfic. Putting these two worlds together just seem impossible for me, but this is so seemless and I love that.  I also love the imagry in the beginning of a rainy evening in London, it really draws you in and the vampires don't seem out of place at all here because we're so used to seeing them in this sorta weather. I would love to know what sort of time period this is, past or future, lol. I'll always imagine London the same, though, I guess. I love picturing bored Edward in the rain. I swear I had that photgraph of Rob Pattinson holding Bella in the rain from that Entertainment Weekly spread in my head through this entire fic. And when that one line: "That Weasley girl is the one to watch," I couldn’t help the squeeee!

What strikes me the most in this story is the power behind the characters. Edward's power is just under the surface, and you can imagine what would happen if he decided to unleash any of his superhuman strength of Harry and Ginny. Mayhem. I like that he plays it cool, very in-character. And Harry. Wow. I just… miss him. I do, I miss Harry. He is perfect in this. I love his comands, and taking control, and his thoughts about Ginny, and I love that they were fighting about some stupid trivial boyfriend/girlfriend thing. I want there to be a level of insignificance in some of the moments of his life now. Not everything needs to be epic.

I think what love the most is Edward's powers being affected by witches/wizards, how their voices are louder than humans. VERY interesting.  No, wait, what I love most is Alice's line:

“You don’t even want to know what those sticks could do.”  

HAHAHA!! I can just imagine her visions of these witches and wizards futures! HAHA! I want MORE of this!

"Don't you have a conscience? If Jiminy Cricket was here, he'd be puking in his hat."
-Balki Bartokomous

#3 Jeannette Hetfield

Jeannette Hetfield

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:All things Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings...oh, and jewelry because a girl can never have too many sparkly things.

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

I second everything Casca said!

Great job, Blacktag.  It was so cool how there was a difference in Edward's gift when listening to the minds of wizards.  It makes sense that theirs would be different compared to the Muggles.  Never thought I'd have Edward and Muggle in the same post.  You did so well.  The wizard's/witch's minds would be naturally louder because they are so more than average.  I liked how it took Edward by surprise.

It was cool too, how Ginny and Harry instantly recognized Edward for what he is.  Plus, the fact that the wizarding community has been able to keep themselves secret from people as knowing as the Cullens was awesome.  Kudos to the wizards.  

Please keep writing more!

Jeannette  :lol:
"But why is all the rum gone?"

"You forgot one very important thing, mate.  I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

"I like your sleeves.  They're real big."

"Numchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.  Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."

"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.  Besides, we both know I'm training to become a cage fighter."

#4 ArianaEvans

ArianaEvans

Connoisseur of Secret Passageways

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Harry Potter, HP fanfiction, reading, writing, music (everything minus some rap and country), movies (in the dorm only), Code Red Mountain Dew...um...I know there must be more to life, but I forget what it is at the moment ;)

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Absolutely brilliant.  I feel like you were incredibly true to both sides, and I'm amazed at the way that you found parallels between the two stories so that you could make them coincide.  I feel like there could have been a little more about Edward's thoughts and character, but I kind of like the preference toward telling more about Harry and Ginny...What a great image of them post-Hogwarts!

I know it's been a while, but is there anymore coming soon?

It is our choices...that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.

It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high.  Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.

#5 blacktag189

blacktag189

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:My favorite fandoms in no particular order:
    Harry Potter
    Twilight
    Percy Jackson
    True Blood
    Big Love
    House
    Fringe
    Glee

And an ice cold Corona never hurts...

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thank you so much!  I'm glad you liked it!  It had been tossed around the Tower that it couldn't be done, and I love a challenge!  

View PostArianaEvans, on May 12 2009, 01:24 PM, said:

I know it's been a while, but is there anymore coming soon?

While I would ADORE writing a crossover, and I guess it could be done if only within that short period of time, I don't know if anyone else would actually read it! ahaha

But thanks again!
Love is friendship caught on fire...

#6 blacktag189

blacktag189

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:My favorite fandoms in no particular order:
    Harry Potter
    Twilight
    Percy Jackson
    True Blood
    Big Love
    House
    Fringe
    Glee

And an ice cold Corona never hurts...

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thanks Jeannette!!  Your kind words were wonderful!  I'm so glad you liked the story

View PostJeannette Hetfield, on Jul 28 2008, 06:43 AM, said:

Never thought I'd have Edward and Muggle in the same post.

Honestly, I never thought I would see those two words in a post, but this is the world we create with fanfiction!  

So glad you liked it!  Thanks again!
Love is friendship caught on fire...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users