• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, so, I'm really thinking it's about time we get the pressure off of Casca and start to bug Emmyjean for something. I tried to think of what to bug her about, but it's no fun alone. Then I remembered her so-called promise to write James' POV and I thought perhaps some other people would want to join in with the bugging. I mean, who works well under pressure? NOT me, I can tell you that. I just can't take the pressure anymore!  So lets pressure Emmyjean for something! YAY!

Chant along with me, people:

James' POV! James' POV! James' POV! James' POV!

I CAN'T hear you!

JAMES' POV! JAMES' POV!  JAMES' POV! JAMES' POV! JAMES' POV! JAMES' POV! JAMES' POV!

"Don't you have a conscience? If Jiminy Cricket was here, he'd be puking in his hat."
-Balki Bartokomous

#2 LittleWillow

LittleWillow

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

Im all for that!

James!  :lol: James!  :lol: James!  :lol: James!  :lol:
"If you are unsure where to go, incapable of normal speech, or unable to remember why you are here, our Welcome Witch will be pleased to help."
OoTP

#3 MagicMarker

MagicMarker

Wandering the Forbidden Forest

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:42 PM

Yay!! A worthy first post !! James POV!! James POV!!

#4 Nadine

Nadine

Member of Tower Mod Squad

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:40 AM

You're right, Casca!  Emmyjean DID say that she would write James' POV someday.  I think this is a wonderful idea!  I've always wanted to know what James was thinking during all of those lovely scenes.  

I'll join this chant!

James' POV!  James' POV!  James' POV!!  :)  :)
"When can we say life has ended?  Life ends when someone dies.  Death is when the body stops growing.  Therefore, it would be logical to say that life begins when we start growing.  When do people start growing?  They start growing at the moment of conception.  You don't start growing at birth.  Birth is just the natural progression of life.  Life is a continuum."

Respect life.  Pro-life forever.

#5 Nutters

Nutters

Tower Butterbeer Distributor

• Moderators
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:53 PM

Looks like Emmyjean is busted.  The broken promises!  The disappointment!  I think the only way Emmyjean can redeem herself to her fans is to start writing that James fic...stat!
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided...Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." ~J.K. Rowling

#6 rem

rem

Authorized Access to Butterbeer Cellar

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

Oooh definately!!  Now I'm excited.

James' POV, James' POV!!   :D

#7 Emmyjean

Emmyjean

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Let's see...besides Harry? I have no other interests.

Kidding! I love to read anything and everything, from classics and romances to Agatha Christie and the Bible. :) I love the theater and especially will watch and enjoy any Shakespeare interperetation in front of which you plop me. The movies, too, are a favorite pasttime of mine - old and new. I was instilled with a love of classic films (MGM musicals, Henry Fonda movies, Hitchcock etc) by my Gram, who was one of the most influential people in my life growing up and still remains so to this day even though she is no longer physically with me.

I love to travel and speak fluent French (je crois) - I've spent seven months living in Strasbourg and have been to England and Ireland many times, along with Switzerland and Germany. However, my hometown is Chicago Illinois and I couldn't be prouder of it - a truly great city.

Other than that, I'm a true rock-chick at heart and love loud music more than anything else...but I also listen faithfully to Bing Crosby Irish trad and Mozart, so I suppose you could call me diverse. If you want. :)

Fine art is also one of those things that I love, to enjoy and to create, and part of the fun of running the Tower is the web design element...but mostly keeping up a community where people can come and discuss things without feeling like they're talking to strangers on the other side of a huge void. :)

Well, that's my attempt at a profile that sounds as though it at least resembles me. Thanks for reading!

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

Uh-oh...I've been ambushed! :)  What to do??

~Emmyjean
"This is no fantasy...no careless product of wild imagination."
~ Superman: The Movie

#8 Chococat

Chococat

Tower Dweller

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

James' POV! James' POV! James' POV!!!
"I cannot kill them... Look, if you really insist on dead I can try something, but it is very extreme"
"Right, what is it?!"
"Well... I can create a very opressive political regime under your cooker, which will cause the mice to set fire to themselves in protest"

Goodness Gracious Me

#9 Nutters

Nutters

• Moderators
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

Shoot!  I was hoping Emmyjean hadn't responded yet because I was going to call her a coward and yellow for avoiding this thread.  And then I was going to round up the masses and raise pitch forks to and knock down Emmyjean door and carry her away from the TV she's sat herself down in front of waiting for the season premiere of Lost.  And then Sirius and Remus were going to jump in to join the riot (because Sirius Black follows mass chaos...or maybe it's vice versa) and help tie Emmyjean down in front of her computer (keeping her fingers free of course so she can type) and demand that she write a story in James POV because that would mean that they would be featured in the story as well being James's mates and all...

But alas, she responded.
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided...Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." ~J.K. Rowling

#10 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Nutters.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"Don't you have a conscience? If Jiminy Cricket was here, he'd be puking in his hat."
-Balki Bartokomous

#11 Emmyjean

Emmyjean

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 620 posts

Kidding! I love to read anything and everything, from classics and romances to Agatha Christie and the Bible. :) I love the theater and especially will watch and enjoy any Shakespeare interperetation in front of which you plop me. The movies, too, are a favorite pasttime of mine - old and new. I was instilled with a love of classic films (MGM musicals, Henry Fonda movies, Hitchcock etc) by my Gram, who was one of the most influential people in my life growing up and still remains so to this day even though she is no longer physically with me.

I love to travel and speak fluent French (je crois) - I've spent seven months living in Strasbourg and have been to England and Ireland many times, along with Switzerland and Germany. However, my hometown is Chicago Illinois and I couldn't be prouder of it - a truly great city.

Other than that, I'm a true rock-chick at heart and love loud music more than anything else...but I also listen faithfully to Bing Crosby Irish trad and Mozart, so I suppose you could call me diverse. If you want. :)

Fine art is also one of those things that I love, to enjoy and to create, and part of the fun of running the Tower is the web design element...but mostly keeping up a community where people can come and discuss things without feeling like they're talking to strangers on the other side of a huge void. :)

Well, that's my attempt at a profile that sounds as though it at least resembles me. Thanks for reading!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:14 PM

Okay...look, it's been a long time since I finished Crossroads, and an even LONGER time since I started it (actually, I prefer not to think about how long it's been!).

If I did this, would you guys actually read it?  I admit the idea of going back to the Crossroads universe appeals to me on some level (some masochistic level ;)), I don't want to get into it and spend the time I know I'm going to take doing it if no one is going to read it!

Plus, are we SURE it wouldn't unintentionally diminish the original story?

Honest opinions, folks! (Starting with YOU, Casca, you jerk! ;))

~Emmyjean

#12 Nutters

Nutters

• Moderators
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

Em - You tell me I need to respond to your response and your response tells Casca to respond first!

If I was in a stubborn mood, I would just wait until Casca came here and say her piece.

But as it is, I'm hungry and sleepy so I'll just go ahead and say what I think.

I'm one of those people that always wants a sequel to any story.  If a story is in one person's POV, I want it to see it the other's character POV.  I don't care about the happily ever after.  I want to know what happens after it.  In this case, I've always wanted to read Crossroads in James's POV.  Even as I was reading the current story, I would always wonder what James was thinking in each of his scenes and what he was doing in between.  

While it's true that my interest in fanfiction has waned over the years (many reasons: don't want to commit myself to a series and subject myself to the agony of waiting for the next chapter, lack of good stories that I want to read, lack of patience of shifting through all the crap to find said good stories, etc).  However, IF you did decided to do this, I will definitely read it, review it, nag you about updating it, etc.

And if people fear that it will diminish the original story, then they don't have to read it. Their loss. :)

#13 MagicMarker

MagicMarker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:59 PM

Okay, I just thought i'd add my two cents in, even though Im new and my opinion
dosn't count for much ;)  Seriously Emmyjean, I know a LOT of people who will read
ANYTHING you write,so why would a companaion (of sorts) to your biggest fanfiction be any different?
From reading past posts ive been able to see how many members have begged for James POV,
and and its ovbious they would praise, review, and show support for it, including me!  
Though Im kinda shy about posting. So come on and give it a try. And dont even worry about it undermining Crossroads.Nothing could do that!!

#14 mercurystar725

mercurystar725

Connoisseur of Secret Passageways

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order...<br>Dancing<br>Sims2<br>Harry Potter<br>all things Astronomical<br>Reading (mostl fantasy)<br>lots of other stuff. :)<br>

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

MagicMarker, you're opinion is just as important as the rest of ours! :)

My opinion is that I love reading different points of view, and especially in this case, where there are so many times I would think, "What I wouldn't give to know what James is thinking right now!" Even if you didn't want to rewrite the entire story in that way, I'm sure we would be sated a bit by just hearing about certain favorite scenes.

I have no doubt there'd be plenty of people reading. :D

#15 rem

rem

Authorized Access to Butterbeer Cellar

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

Emmyjean, that is the silliest theory I have ever heard.  Why wouldn't people read a companion piece?  It is true, you did write it a while ago, but that doesn't make a difference.  Your Crossroads is one of the most beloved L/J pieces of all time.  Now that Casca planted the idea our heads, now you need to write it.   ;)

#16 Casca

Casca

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

Starting with YOU, Casca, you jerk!

Yeah, big incentif to post now after I've been insulted. Seriously, though, I think you should. It's something you always wanted to do and I think probably the best time to do this is when you haven't looked at the story in a while - which you haven't - so when you go back and read, everything will just sort of come back to you and you won't already be sick of it! :D

And I'm also thinking of all the fun we had talking about what James was thinking during the best scenes!  teehee.

AND if you didn't want to write a full-length novel about James' POV, you can just pick the best scenes ... OR! outtakes! Was I the only one who really wanted more Arabella/Sirius action????

-Balki Bartokomous

#17 Emmyjean

Emmyjean

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

Alright, then...watch this space...

~Emmyjean

#18 showofhands

showofhands

Invited to Afternoon Tea

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

I am a longtime lurker of the hidden tower. It's been years. And until I read this thread I have never been compelled to stop lurking. But upon seeing the possibility of Crossroads being continued in any shape or form, especially from James' point of view, was enough to get me to register for the forum and come here and beg you, please, for the love of God, write this!

This totally just made my day. Seriously.

:D

#19 Emmyjean

Emmyjean

Hidden Tower Ghost

• Admin
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

Well, showofhands, thank you for finally de-lurking!! :)  And thanks for the encouragement...stick around, post lots, and have fun in the meantime!  It's good to see you after years behind the scenes. ;)

~Emmyjean

#20 greenlady

greenlady

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Exploring life: places, people, thoughts... Reading, writing, singing, dancing, cooking, studying...<br /><br />I love the works of Jane Austen, JK Rowling, JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, and many others I can't remember just now.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:35 AM

Emmyjean!

Would I read James' POV???

You've gotten me out of my semi-lurker state here!  :ph34r:   :blink:

Crossroads is in my top 3 of all-time-best HP fanfics. Reread in whole and parts countless times... Of course I would JUMP at any chance of getting to know what James was up to all those times we didn't see him, and ESPECIALLY to know exactly what he was feeling and thinking in all those tension-filled scenes with Lily.

Since you wanted all thoughts out, I suppose I need to mention that giving us his POV will take away some of the painfully fun SPECULATION about what he is feeling and thinking...  ;)  but I don't think it will lessen the story when it is in a companion piece to be read afterwards.

So take this as all encouragement to go ahead and write!

~ greenlady
"The last enemy to be destroyed is death."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users